In this Climate Monitoring video, Deke Arndt, Chief of the Climate Monitoring Branch at the National Climatic Data Center, discusses snowpack in the mountainous western United States from December 2012 through February 2013. In the upper Colorado River Basin, snowpack was about average this past winter and is not going to alleviate last year's low snowfall nor the drought conditions that have persisted since March 2012. In the Sierras and the western Great Basin, drought is emerging due to low snowfall conditions.
- World Water Day, 22 March 2013 / @UN
- Summer 2012 "There Is" / @TravelAlberta
- (remember to breathe) Alberta / @TravelAlberta
- Wings of Life / @DisneyNature
- Loud Voices Together Are Heard / @NRDC
- Plastic Packaging / @NRDC
- Acid Test: The Global Challenge of Ocean Acidifica...
- TRASHED (2012) Environmental documentary with Jere...
- Winter 2012-2013 In Review / @NOAAClimate
- Growing Up in the Tiger Family / @BBCEarth
- WWF Together / @WWF
- LIFE OF PI is helping @WWF save the tigers
- HOME a film by Yann Arthus-Bertrand / @Yann_A_B
- The Ship That Belfast Built / @NatGeo
- Protect Sharks and Manta Rays at CITES / @pewtrust...
- What if wild animals ate fast food / @FMX_Conferen...
- Nepal: Striving For A Healthy Future / @UN
- Introducing the @GlobalSCP Clearinghouse
- PJ'Eco moves to FACEBOOK!
- ▼ March (19)
- ► 2012 (322)